Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm not dead

There are many reasons I've lost my blogging mojo.
Mainly is that my internet access has been majorly limited due to Henry's impecable ability to lose things.
{a.k.a. my internet card}

Do I have pictures of children?

Nope.

But I have pictures from a bridal shower my mom and I did last week. 
{another reason I've been too busy to blog}


Here are a few of my favorite pics from the shower:

Cake pops! Once you "get it" they are really fun to do!


The food table is always my favorite part.
{Unfortunately, everyone can see that on my thighs}

We had cake pops, eclairs, and this amazing apricot brie with grapes on the side. You can find the recipe HERE.




You've probably guessed by now that our theme was "girly french".
Which turned out lucky for us because between my sister and neighbors we were able to gather a lot of great "french" things without breaking the bank.


I just LOVE the bright pink, black and turquoise!



 My apologies for being so boring.

I hope you liked the pictures.

There is no guarantee when I'll be back.

Especially since in 1 week my lover gets to come visit for a while!!!
You can bet we'll be busy {at all times of the day....wink, wink}

10 comments:

Bobbi Mason said...

I found a blog about cake pops a couple of weeks ago and wanted to try. So cute. So excited for you that Scott is coming soon! yay!

Was just thinking that I missed you and wished you could come over and chat with me.

Over and out before I cry. =) Hormones are ragin' today.

Love ya!

Cathie said...

Yay, Scott is coming for a visit! Woohoo! Your talent is amazing...cake pops...love it!

deb@virginia blue said...

Unbelievably fabulous! Your talent always amazes me!!!

So happy you get to visit with your sweetie...hope you guys have a wonderful time :)

::xo::

Unknown said...

This is Katrina...not John. Too lazy to sign out and back in :)!

Really!!!! Scott gets to come visit! Oh my goodness that is fabulous news! I am so glad.

The shower is gorgeous! You always do such a great job.

I miss your blogging! All my Virginia Beach peeps have been MIA (I'm not much better) on the blog. I need more connection with my long lost sisters!!

Can't wait to see you!!!!!

Tawni & Dan said...

I'm happy to see you're back! And just as cute and creative as ever. I just saw Michelle's wedding she did on her blog, pretty sure you two could make it huge if you started a biz together. So impressive. I have to come and see you next time I'm in town, you could teach me a thing or two :)

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you! You've definitely been busy. :-) Looks beautiful. I'm so glad that you will get to see Scott soon!!! We'll all completely understand if you can't blog for a while. :-) Miss ya though...

Susan said...

Cake Pops- AWESOME!! Glad to see your decorating mojo is still alive and well- I see a business in your future. Horray for Scott coming for a visit! And this is for Bobbi- why do you have raging hormones?!?!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Ok girl...you are creative. I've just accepted that I am not. But thats ok!!! I'm glad you get to see your lover boy soon!!!!!!!

Melinda H. said...

I wish you were here! I have to give a bridal shower this saturday and it's not going to look nearly that awesome! I don't even have it in me to do those cake pops. I was thinking all costco food. Help...I need you!! You better be busy with Scott at all hours! How exciting for you. I want to say that I want you to hurry and be back here, but then that would mean summer will be over. So take your time and enjoy that awesome Utah weather! Miss and love ya!

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

so my question is . . .are you doing this as a job . . . like actually marketing yourself and getting paid. because if so we need to set up a vendor tour and i will start referring you! i love it. i haven't heard much from you lately so thought i would stop by the ol blog, i love the new look . . .if it is new that is.