Saturday, November 6, 2010

Homer

While Scott's dad was visiting back in October we drove down to Homer, AK for the day and Scott ran a half marathon. 

This was the finish line. 

Our great friends, the Coombs, came as well. Cathie is hard core and she ran the race as well! They both were amazing! It was a lot of fun to be able to support my hubby and my great friend. 
I may not be a good runner, but I sure am an AWESOME cheerleader! 
I'm, like, super good at being bubbly, and jumping, and yelling, "Go Team!"; and stuff. 
(giggle, giggle)

After the race we ate lunch and then walked down to the beach. 


The kids enjoyed tempting the tide...and losing. 






Throwing rocks. 
An inborn manly trait. 


Scott & his dad. 
I think Ron, Scott's dad, was so proud to watch Scott kick everyones butts at this race; and I think it made Scott feel very proud to have his dad there to cheer him on. Running is a big thing these two have in common. Ron has always been Scott's #1 track fan.  It was a great day!


I absolutely fell in love with Homer that day. 
I don't think I could ever grow tired of this majestic and breathtaking landscape. 
Pictures really don't do it justice. 
Especially MY pictures. 
When we are millionaires (haha...right), we will have a beautiful beach house up on the hill in Homer, AK. 

6 comments:

Melinda H. said...

I love Homer! Your lucky to get such a beautiful day...but even in the rain it's beautiful! Way to go Scott for taking FIRST place in the race. I think you forgot to mention that amazing piece of info!!

You guys were a cute Peter Pan family!!

Gentri said...

SO pretty. Homer will need to be added to the list of places we're going to visit when we come!

jill 'E' jam said...

Hey~I'm not a runner either but you've inspired me to embrace my happy, bubbly, cheerleading self on the sidelines. Everyone needs that right? If we were all runners there would be no one cheering them on. Thanks for your bubbly self! :D

brooke field said...

hi chablis, love your blog! and alaskan photos! hope your family is doing well!! brooke & garrison field

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

I can't imagine what it looks like in real life if these gorgeous pics don't do it justice!!!

That's so fun that Scott's dad was able to be there!!! :) Yeah family!

I loved all of your pictures!!! :)

And you, as a cheerleader...I gotta say, I can't really picture it... ;)

Cathie said...

Your pictures are great - that last one is esspecially good. I am so glad you were there as my cheerleader! You are WONDERFUL! Scott is inspiring with his running! Thank you for getting me there too! I am so grateful to have you near by me! XOXO