Wednesday, February 9, 2011

6 hours in the Seattle Airport

My trip to California was quick. 
I don't think I would have minded just one more day to wander in the sunshine and soak up the humid 70 degree weather. I am so in love with the 7:00 hour there. The smell, the sounds, the warmth. 

I happened to be in the same place that my family was stranded in almost 1 year ago as we attempted to fly home on Air Force planes...and failed. Remember this post? Ah, it was a two part post, 
The memories from that adventure made my lonely presence bittersweet. 

Truly, I only had 1 day to spend in CA. The other days were spent traveling. 

While on my way  home my connecting flight was delayed 6 hours. 
Ugh. 
Though I must say, of all airports to be stranded in, Seattle's is quite nice. This is how I spent my time:


I bought lip gloss and face shimmer. 

I got a pedicure here:


I desperately wanted to go here:

But my arms were screaming from the vaccinations I received the day before so I opted out. 
*frowny face*

I did some shopping in an eclectic little shop where I spied this book:

I may or may not have opened this up while I thought no one was looking. Just one flash might have made me blush upon which I would quickly put it back in it's place. 

I am the type of person where good food can take me from a bad place to a warm spring day where birds are chirping and angels are singing in the heavens. Sound dramatic? 
What can I say, I'm very dramatic when it comes to food. 

Dear Wolfgang Puck:



This little eatery made my experience in the Seattle Airport a wonderful spring day in which angels were singing. At least in the hour I slowly enjoyed every morsel of your butternut squash soup and BBQ chicken salad. Thank you. 

And lastly I spent my time reading this book:

I'm not finished yet, as my new medication gives me headaches and makes it hard for me to focus. I am 3/4 of the way done and have enjoyed the read. It's easy to understand and paints a realistic picture of the Renaissance time period, a time I've always been fascinated with, but am so grateful not to be a part of. 

8 comments:

Bobbi Mason said...

I love that you got a pedicure. How awesome. I don't remember those parts of Seattle airport. I know all about birds chirping........i try and shoot them every know and then. =) Glad you are home, sorry for the trip.

Cathie said...

Chablis you are dramatic - I love it!
I am glad you are back. The prayer has already been said that your hands will never look like that picture!
XOXO

jill 'E' jam said...

I have been through that Seattle airport a ridiculous number of times and never saw a place for a pedicure, massage, great food... you've opened my eyes! You really know how to make lemonade out of a lemon ;D

Brooke said...

I'm glad you took Bobbi's advice from before and pampered yourself just a little. Way to take a long layover and turn it into a little piece of heaven!

Gentri said...

AW! Yay! I'm glad it was a good 6 hours! :) Most people would love to have a day like that, and you had no choice BUT to have a day like that! Lovely. :)

Nielsen Family said...

Yay, Chablis! I can't tell you how happy I am for you to have a diagnosis :), although I'm terribly sorry you have one in the first place. :(

I love that you made the best of those extended hours in the airport! I hope your body receives the meds well and you feel much better soon.

Beck said...

So glad that you were able to get a little pampering in because you definelty deserve it woman. I am soooooo sorry for what is going on with you. You are in my prayers. Love ya girl

Lindsey Walker said...

What a fun looking airport! I am thinking of you in this hard time of your life. Hope all is well and that you are feeling better soon.