Really,
I think I've forgotten how.
I'm not lying when I tell you I've been BUSY! All my extra efforts are paid to keeping the kids alive and the house in a livable state.
I really can't even think of anything worth blogging about.
I did, however, think of you all and made the effort of taking pictures of our dinner to share with you. This is a GOOD dinner, and healthy too! YES!
It's my experimental invention, though I'm sure there are tons of recipes out there just like it. So, there is no name.
First:
Saute zucchini, summer squash, and 1/2 diced onion in a teensy bit of olive oil. Add a decent amount of S&P and I like to add a healthy helping of dried basil as well.
Then:
Add a clove or two of garlic (or three if you're like me), give the pan a good shake, just to warm the garlic up and add a can or two of diced tomatoes and let simmer. Tell me that's not the most beautiful picture of a frying pan you've ever seen.
Serve on top of pasta with freshly grated parmesan:
DELISH!
My kids even ate this! Okay, the first time I made it, they made sour faces and refused to try, but tonight it was a huge success! If at first you don't succeed...
3 comments:
You are such a talented little chef, I'm so excited to try this one out!
I love when you post!! :) That looks so yummy! I'm in serious need of veggies and this one even includes onions!! YAY!! I think I'm literally starting to stink from all the onions I've been eating... :/
MMMMmmmmm. That does look AMAZING! I will put zuchinni and sqush on me list and give this a try! Thank you! Good for your girls for eating it too...I think it would take more than one try on my kids because the vegetables are not hidden!...little twirps! ;)
Post a Comment