When we were living in Virginia there was a "Spanish Speaking Branch" that met in the same building as my ward.
For those of you who don't speak "mormon" talk: members of our church who speak Spanish met separately and had their own church services each week.
My friends and I asked the ladies of the Spanish branch to teach us how they make salsa.
Holy moly, there is nothing like the real, hand-me-down, traditional foods from Mexico.
Here is the recipe for Salsa Verde:
10 tomatillos (little green tomato looking fruit that has a green husk around it, the husk leaves a sticky mess on the rind of the tomatillo)
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno (depending on how spicy you like it you can leave the seeds in, or cut the jalapeno in half and scoop out the seeds)
1/2 onion
1/2 bunch of cilantro
pinch of salt
Peel the husk off the tomatillos. Boil the tomatillos and jalapeno until soft. Drain water and blend all ingredients in a blender.
This stuff is SO yummy! It's delicious warm or cold and is awesome on tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, scrambled eggs, or just with tortilla chips.
4 comments:
Yum O!
Yummy. Remember that salsa you made at our house that I spilled everywhere? What did you put in that one?
YUM!!! I <3 <3 <3 Mexican food! But I think I love it so much cuz it's in my blood! lol (Mi Madre's mexican). This looks soooo good! I want some right now!!!
That looks way yummy!! We got a vitamix and I highly recommend- I've never eaten so many fruits and veggies! I've even come around to the green smoothie:) Miss you-
Post a Comment