Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nauvoo

Scott's parents came to visit and since Nauvoo is (relatively) close we took a couple of days and headed north to visit. This was my first time to Nauvoo and I spent the majority of the time in the hotel bed because I had strep, though I didn't know it at the time, and I was miserably sick. 

All these pictures were taken by Scott because I was in bed. I have to say he stepped up his "photography game". 









On our way home we drove to Carthage Jail. 
This is the room that Joseph Smith was martyred in:
 I was feeling so awful, but it was still a very spiritual experience to be there. 


If you're thinking, what in the heck is Nauvoo? What is Carthage Jail? Why would people go to visit?
Go HERE. And HERE
The girls desperately wanted these bonnets from Nauvoo and have been wearing them ever since. 
(literally, Gracie wore hers to school!)