Thursday, September 6, 2012


I think our families thought it was rude for us to take an entire 3 days away from them to visit some friends who live in Vegas, but you see, these people are family to us! 
My sister, Gentri, was living in St. George so we met the Pettets there and stayed in Scott's parents condo and it was a heavenly quick trip! 

Our first morning we went hiking at Dixie Rock. 





 This is just before I almost died trying to get through the narrows. 


And this is when I'm thinking I'm going to pass out and be stuck in those rocks until I die. 
 But I made it!!! 
I can't believe I did...but I did. 

Scott couldn't fit! He tried for a good 15 minutes and he couldn't get through. And Tyler had baby Anna, so he didn't even try. Scott and Tyler found another way to the top and met us there. 

 Then we made a quick stop at the St. George temple. 
A quick sister shot:


That night Ashley and I left the guys to put kids to bed and headed to Gentri's school so we could have a spa date. We got a facial and a spray tan. My first spray tan, ever. And after I got over the anxiety of thinking I might die from the fumes like that one girl in the news a couple of months ago I moved to having anxiety over my stained feet:
Maybe I shouldn't have made the picture so big. 
But it was pretty hideous. They did get wiped after my tan, I guess my feet are just so sponge-like that they soaked up the juice real good which is more than my legs can say. 


 The next day we went to see Gentri's friends, the goats. 


Lydia was afraid at first, but slowly she warmed up to them. 


Darling Claire. Pretty sure she's got the brain of a 40 yr old in that tiny, adorable head. 





Then we had a farewell lunch at In and Out. 
Sniff, sniff.