Thursday, December 5, 2013

Halloween a little late...


So, this post is like 5 weeks late, but better late than never. 
I have hesitated posting these pictures because my sister posted them all over her blog and instagram feed. But, I need this recorded for my blog book. 

Several years ago I decided that we would always try and do a family theme for our Halloween costumes. It started with our Peter Pan theme. 
Then Scott and I were farmers with our animal kids.
Last year we were cowboys and Indians. 
This year Scott was en'route to Afghanistan and of course would be wearing his uniform on Halloween. 
Separation cannot break our tradition, so the kids and I dressed up patriotically. 

Gracie was the Statue of Liberty:


 Lydia was Rosie the Rivetter:



Henry was expecially excited to be a soldier like his dad, but disappointed he was without a gun:



 Technically, this costume would make me enlisted but we are going to go ahead and say I'm dressed up like a 4-star Army General. ;) I am the commander of our house anyway. 


 I couldn't have pulled this off without my sister GentriLee. 
She took the photos and helped motivate me to do something awesome instead of curling up in my bedroom and pouting.