Last week for FHE I let the kids plant some seeds in some little indoor starter pots.
I don't think I've ever planted seeds. I've always let that miracle happen at the greenhouse and get transfered to the garden shoppe.
I've taken good care, and Gracie makes sure I tell them I love them.
I do love them...each and every little seed.
Wow.
What joy I feel from watching a tiny green stem poke it's fragile self out of the soil.
I keep having a little nursery song pop in my head:
"On a Golden Springtime, underneath the ground;
a tiny seedling lay asleep until the sun shone down.
Awake! Awake, oh little seed. Push upward to the light!
The day is bright, with all your might, push upward to the light!"
Somehow I find a little voice in my head telling me to take the same advice as the seed.
"With all your might, push upward to the light"
4 comments:
how very sweet! i'm going to have that song running through my head all day now...it started as soon as i saw the title of your post :)
i haven't tried seeds yet...always afraid i'm going to mess them up. i think you've inspired me, though!
::xo::
Love it. :) I forget about that song. It's a great and happy one. And I love the little plants too!
Enjoy that warmth woman! We have been struggling to get spring here. You would be so proud of me......I have been all sorts of crafty. Can't wait for you to see all the projects. Miss ya!
In my pretty garden, the flowers are nodding. How do you do they say, how do you do today? In my pretty garden, the flowers are nodding.
Post a Comment