My husband is ambitious and fun.
At the beginning of this winter he had a dream.
That dream was to build an igloo the way the real Eskimos do and spend at least one night in it's warmth.
He did good.
He did his research.
He worked countless, back breaking hours; slicing, and packing, and stacking snow.
I on the other hand was laaaaammmmmme.
I wanted nothing to do with cold temperatures, and bundled layers, and snow.
I did not help.
He needed help to finish the top...curvature of the cave.
I did not help.
Poor igloo:
(I realize this may look like nothing to you, but imagine what it WAS)
The bittersweet end to this story is that the temperatures up here in the arctic have been reaching the
mid 30's during the day.
This is HUGE people.
It's so sad to see the dream melt away:
But hey, I am NOT complaining about a sliver of an idea that spring is on it's way.
On other important notes,
Henry has joined in to our family game of BINGO each time we are driving in a car.
(BINGO is the first person to see a yellow car)
He's a VERY competitive opponent:
5 comments:
I can't say I'm too sad about your igloo melting- I'm in desperate need of spring!! Henry=pure deliciousness!!
If Scott wanted to sleep in an ice igloo so darn bad he should've gone with Greg and the scouts to Hatcher's Pass this passed weekend. They made snow caves and the boys slept in them. Greg took his tent and is now determined that he is too old for tent sleeping. He's funny!
But I do love that the snow is all melting away because it's so warm!
Man, was I behind or what! I enjoyed catching up on every one of your posts! I guess your time in AK isn't quite complete with the lack of the igloo...that means we keep you another winter, right?!? Henry is quite the competitor! I will watch myself around him! I hope you are still feeling well. I can't wait to catch up in person!
Oh man! Too bad he didn't try like a two weeks ago!YAY FOR SPRING!!!
Henry is so stinking funny! I love how into bingo he is getting. LOVE IT!!!
Aw, poor igloo...but I'm with you on not wanting to be out in the cold wet snow!!!
HAHAHA Henry got it! Man he looks so much like Gracie!
Post a Comment