Those of you who follow me regularly and know me well, will recognize that the fact that I'm posting recipes means I'm cooking; and if I'm cooking, I must be feeling good. ! .
That and I signed us up for a local farmers market "box of the week" program. I'm REALLY loving it! Glacier Valley Farms delivers a big box full of local, Alaskan Grown and organic produce to me every week. It's been fantastic! I've never in my life bought, or even WANTED to buy bokchoy. I was even reluctant to use it. But I went on a limb and experimented. It was YUMMY! I would say it is a lot like celery with taste and texture.
So, without further ado, bokchoy stir-fry:
Oh, I forgot to mention. This recipe calls for tofu as well. I'm ashamed to say that I couldn't go there. They even gave us tofu in our box! Someday, I will like tofu. Just not today.
(I gotta start taking this food into my bedroom to photograph. I get horrible lighting in my kitchen in the evenings.)
This dish is so fast and yummy you will wonder why you ever ordered take out!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 yellow onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
8 ounces tofu, sliced into bite size pieces
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey or sugar
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
2 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 zucchini squash, thinly sliced on the diagonal
4 baby bok choy, sliced and coarsely chopped
4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
In small sauce pan combine water, rice wine vinegar, honey and soy sauce and bring to a simmer and stir in cornstarch mixture. Simmer until sauce thickens. Set aside until ready to use. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet or wok. Stir in onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in tofu and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add carrots to the tofu mixture and cook for another 2 minutes. Add zucchini and bok choy to skillet and toss to coat. Pour thickened sauce over vegetables and tofu. Garnish with green onions and serve over rice. I prefer to use Quinoa. ;)
2 comments:
I want fresh organic produce delivered to my door! So great!! :D I don't like Asian food at all... But if this were super fresh like yours, I might. :)
yum yum yum!
Post a Comment