Thursday, May 5, 2011

The car door won

Let's talk about this chick for a minute:


I took this impromptu picture of her this morning after her bath to get at least the remains of her battle recorded. Unfortunately she got in a fist fight with a car door last weekend and lost. The goose egg she received mounded inches above her forehead. Now it's a vintage olive and brown kind of color.

I asked her to put on her "battle" face for this one. She looked at me like, "wha..?" So I told her to just look mean:



I can't believe how fast she has been growing the last few months. Ever since she turned five she suddenly grew into her own and her personality has been glowing. She loves her big sister and I think was overshadowed a bit.

A few things I LOVE about my Lydia:

* Not a day goes by where she doesn't tell me I'm beautiful and that she loves me.

* She is a GOOD big sister. Ever since her little brother has been interested in potty training she has been the one to run to his side and rip off his diaper. She even hangs out in the bathroom with him, waiting...waiting. They do a lot of that. You see I'm not interested in potty training at all. So, Lydia may have her work cut out for her.

* Whenever she isn't thinking about snacks, she's thinking about fashion. Everywhere we go she finds something that someone is wearing that she loves. The other day while we were in the car, waiting at a stop light I hear, "Oooh, mom! I love her watch!" As I gave her a confused look she pointed to the woman driving the suburban next to us and sure enough she had a chunky, fashionable watch on. Just this morning as we were walking into a building she pointed out a lady, "I just love her high heels!"

* To go along with this, she is my own personal stylist. Not a morning goes by when I don't have her by my side advising me on which eyeshadow color to use, whether to wear glasses or contacts, how to do my hair, and most importantly what to wear. Most days our conversations end with me saying,"Lydia, we are going no where and no one will see me, so comfy pants win." And she stomps out of the room. You see, to her, it matters not where we go or who we see, she must always be dressed to the "T". (haha, a little rhyme) She goes through at least 3 outfits a day and 80% of her waking hours are spent strutting around the house in my high heels.

* Her favorite music is always Jlo, but she especially loves E.T. by Katy Perry right now. I had NOTHING to do with this, she just loves it!

Aye, aye, aye what am I going to do when she's a teen? I get weak at the thought. But for now, I just LOVE it all!

7 comments:

Gentri said...

I LOVE her! Seriously LOOOOVE that girl! I love her interest in fashion (although it may kill you later, but who knows? Maybe she'll be a major fashion designer and make you couture clothing for free?!) I love that she NOTICES even the little fashion pieces! A watch on a lady in the car next to you?! What 5 yr old notices things like that?! Her poor head!! How'd she fight the car door?! haha!

michellecluff said...

she is too cute. a little itty bitty fashionista... just like her momma! love her!

Bobbi Mason said...

Adorable is what she is!! I love the mean face. After she is done potty training Henry, can she come over and work on Kenny?

Terri T said...

my oh my, my oh my.. Thank goodness none of you were ever quite the fashinonista Lydia is until you were older, but what a blast for grandma to watch! LOL! HAHAHA:>)You really are in for it:)

Susan said...

Love it- she is so cute and it is so helpful when they are like little mothers- most of the time:) Let's get together when school gets out!

Leslie Dow said...

Look at those fierce eyes. Americas Next Top Model anyone? She is growing up quickly and is so beautiful! Love you guys!

augustalolita said...

wonderful photos <3 she's quite a beauty!!