Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reindeer are nice

For Memorial Weekend we took off and became tourists in our own town.

We made friends with a few reindeer:
(this IS the place that Santa lives, ya know)

We also made friends with a moose named Kenai:

We also timed it just right because springtime means babies!


I know this makes me a TOTAL mom, but I just loved seeing this:
The sweetest natural happening in the universe.

This guy was ALL up in my space.
Hey buddy - my snack cup is EMPTY!

I love this picture for several reasons:
*Lydia is just standing cute and smiling.
*Gracie is being a poser (as usual), and looks silly because of it. Or maybe she looks silly because of her outfit...don't ask, I tried my best to sway her in a more practical option.
*Henry with his hands on his hips. He does it all the time, feet wide and belly pushed out. It's really a simple thing, but I think it's freakin' cute. (I'm sure you all are rolling your eyes -"yeah Chablis, yadda, yadda, everyone thinks their kids are the cutest...)

The day before we saw "Kung Fu Panda 2" and LOVED it! All day Henry was demonstrating his "inner peace" poses:
He stopped and decided this was a great place for that and so we all joined in.
(minus Lydia, who was in her own imaginary world, no doubt)

We happened about this place while on our hike:
I am speechless. "Let's all move to the most beautiful place in the world and make it look as trashy as possible." Sadly there are SO many homes like that here. There were all sorts of treasures up and down the pathway around this place. Old bathtubs, broken high chairs, clothes lines with clothes that have been there for years...etc.

Alright, I'll climb off my high horse now.

I love this video. It's hilarious how Lydia is trying to ration the reindeer's food and they're not having it. You can hear the "burb" the reindeer were burping constantly. Henry is funny with his "accomplishment" and I love how he giggles when the reindeer eats out of his hand.

9 comments:

Gentri said...

Hahahaha! So cute! Henrys hands on hips pose is adorable! Gah! I'm so excited to come!

Cathie said...

What fun! You all are so happy and giggly! (Except cute Lydia who doesn't like being attacked!) I am glad you were able to play tourist! Your kids are the cutest. I like all of their poses and Gracie's outfit! I think I need to see Kung Fu Panda 2! Your reciepes look so good - I better get to cooking...Yay that you are feeling well! I am also going to jump right over to the produce to your door website! COOL!

Anony said...

They would make the cutest little helpers for Santa! ;) Great pictures. I am totally in love with the nursing baby animal. You're right... must be a mom thing!

brooke field said...

Love the super close up face shot! AK looks beautiful this time of year and I'm so jealous of your hike!

Grace said...

Wow, you live in Alaska!! How cool!! :D I just made an English questionnaire on Alaska and got Excellent :)

Ashley said...

That's so adorable! It looks like you guys had fun.:) xx

Meredith said...

oh my gosh, so cool! my kid would go nuts for all of those animals. love the video too, what a fun place to grow up:)

YOURS, MINE AND OURS

augustalolita said...

thats so cool!! they are so cute <3 great photos!!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I cant let my son see this he will wonder why there are reindeers when it's not Christmas :)