My body is under attack.
I really feel this to be true, and, sadly it is currently losing.
You all know I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis about one year ago.
5 weeks ago I started taking a prescription called methotrexate.
I have to give this drug 6 months before I call it quits, because the rumor is that it will get better.
But right now, it seems that the side effects of this pill are out weighing the benefits.
3 weeks ago I was also diagnosed with PCOS.
Another pill.
Last week I got a stomach bug that lingered for 10 days or so.
My daughter also got the bug, but was only effected for about 36 hours.
Now I have another internal infection that is making me want to pull my hair out.
This all sounds so depressing.
It is!
But I have an idea of where I need to begin to get the healing process of my body jump started:
I am declaring war on
SUGAR.
I have had a love affair with sugar all my life.
I've known for a while that sugar is slowly killing me.
It truly is poison!
I've never had the determination or the gumption to take major effort to quit sugar until now.
I'm convinced it's ruining my life.
You'd have to be an ostrich with your head in the ground, or in complete denial (where I've been for the last few years) to deny the horrible effects of sugar. It seems to be the root of all things physically negative. It's been strongly linked to:
depression
heart disease
diabetes (obviously)
PCOS
autoimmune disorders
weight gain (obviously)
and more!
I've read this book and really like her ideas:
{Click HERE for link}
I am certain that I will have to slow the process down for my personal success. I am just SO addicted.
For instance, I've been trying to go just 24 hours without a treat and I just can't make it without shoving a handful of peanut butter m&m's down my throat. The 3 o'clock hour and stressful moments are my weakest points.
I've been using the calorie counter/food diary at Lance Armstrong's websight to help.
It's awesome! It has every food in their system and breaks down ALL the nutritional values for you.
Even when I thought those m&m's were the only sugar I was eating I was shocked to see that I had downed over 150 grams of sugar in a day!
**********************************
Eventually I would like to be living the Paleo Diet.
Some people will call me crazy, but I just have to go with my gut on this one (pun intended).
Cutting out grains completely will be a major accomplishment. Especially with a husband and kids who are not so convinced. That's okay for now. For now, I'm just starting with sugar and myself. Maybe next year I'll tackle all packaged foods. Then move onto grains.
2012 = Chablis' war on sugar



