I feel tired.
I feel emotional.
I feel ornery.
I feel crazy.
I feel slighted.
I feel depressed.
I feel fat.
I feel tired. {yes, I already mentioned that; but seeing that it is quite to the extreme I deemed it worthy of a second mentioning}
I feel moody.
I feel lonely.
I feel sad.
Please don't send the crazy squad to retrieve me just yet. I didn't expect to have these feelings so strongly with family around. But it seems that even they can't keep the "shark" away. This is all to be expected and shall pass soon enough.
I just thought I would mention that in addition to my stressful life this little boy can now escape from his crib in 0.2 seconds flat:
*this picture could not be more ironically perfect for this post*
{picture taken by Shelli Cluff at the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum}
This is exactly the look he has on his face as he's connivingly swooping out of his bed.
The shark is symbolic in so many ways.
Mainly
A: That is me; waiting in the background to throw him back in his crib.
{yes, my teeth and posture also resemble the resin shark in this given situation}
&
B: This could be the imaginary shark that has so uninvitedly tortured me all week long.
YES, there are two words I made up in this post.
Sue me.
{I've got a good lawyer}
9 comments:
Oh Chablis....I love you girl! And I LOVE your made up words. I never would have known!!! Henry gets out of his crib?? I hear people saying that this really happens but I have never had a baby do this yet!!! Crazy boy! I can't wait to see you!!! You have still never confirmed that we will be seeing each other in July?? How 'bout it??
I have two words for you: crib tent.
And they aren't even made up words either. They really work!:)
Oh dear... I'm sorry... I need to be doing more to help. And maybe a crib tent wouldn't be a bad idea... haha! Oh Henry. That picture is awesome!
Chablis, I know exactly how you feel. I feel those things all the time. Erik has been gone for about 95% of the year already, and it's not fun to be a single parent. Even with family close. Let me warn you that you will have days where you feel fine, like everything is no big deal. And then you will have days where all the feelings you mentioned will hit you hard and you will want nothing more than to curl up in your bed and cry. I just have to remind myself that it will get better. If you every wander down to southern Utah, let me know and we'll get together. Love ya!
Chablis, Chablis I am sorry that you are feeling the shark in the water. (I feel really fat too and that does NOT feel good so I am REALLY SORRY!) You are so loved and that little Henery could not be any cuter - oh so cute! GOOD LUCK! LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE YOUR WAY!
I think you have good grounds to feel that shark tearing into you. See, you could have felt all those things right here in good old AK!
Henry looks so much bigger, by the time you get back here he's going to be all grown up!
Sorry you're feeling so yucky! It made me smile thinking of Henry climbing out of his crib- he is a boy after all:) The fact that you feel fat is really beyond my comprehension- Chablis you are seriously anything but fat- you are stunning!
What up fatty?! Ha, ha, made you look twice. It is supposed to be an endearing term right? =)
That Henry.......whew! I can't even imagine. Well, actually I can....=). Time to buy a baby leash.
The fat thing......well just sucks. This is how I think about it....I and you still have a husband that adores us and we have wonderful friends who still accept us even if we feel our butts would could squash them at any moment.
I am sorry you are sad. I am sending you a hug in the mail.
Love ya.
HI Chablis! I was so sad when I got here to hear you were moving back to Utah! I was looking forward to meeting you. I never told you THANK YOU so much for being willing to let us stay with you while we found a place. That was so sweet of you to offer.
I hope all goes well while your hubby is gone. My heart goes out to you... that would be so hard.
Melinda was telling me you move back in September... we will have to get together then :)
Oh and you little sister is so cute. My little sister Mikelle just loves her!! And I don't blame her.
Post a Comment