Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm on a roll...

I was surprised at the response I got from posting that last recipe. I'm trying to make better, healthier meals for my family. A lot of times that means I don't want to plan meals for the week because I don't know any "healthy" meals off hand.

It's a good thing I'm not afraid to experiment!

So, here is another experimental success:

(I'm sorry I have no pictures, I wasn't planning on sharing this with you because I wasn't planning on it being very good)

Tomato & Bean soup:

2 cloves garlic, pressed
28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cans white (or canellini beans)
14 oz can chicken broth
S & P
crushed red pepper
onion powder
basil
grated parmesan cheese to garnish

If I had an onion handy, I would've used one instead of the onion powder. Alas, this was a "what can I make for dinner without going to the grocery store" kind of meal. I did absolutely no measuring of the spices, so just have fun with that. The crushed red pepper did add some "heat" to it, which I loved. I don't think my kids loved that though. We had to settle for them just eating the beans.

2 comments:

Gentri said...

Look at you go!!! :D woohoo! This sounds yummy! And the best part? It's easy! Love it!

Brooke said...

We tried your last recipe on Sunday and it was AMAZING! We added chicken and mushrooms at Josh's suggestion/ request. Please continue to post fun recipes...I'm too lazy to find them on my own :)