Friday, September 10, 2010

10 things that made me happy today.

1. SUNSHINE. All day long! Such a rarity here in AK. 

2. A trampoline that I can set up all. by. myself. 

3. Henry getting serious air on the tramp. 

4. Moose eating their dinner in our yard while we eat dinner and watch them from our dining room. 
(I know, bad picture...you can see bits of them though)



5. This babbling brook in front of my house. 




6. My children having great attitudes about working around the house. 
(So she was pretending to be Cinderella and I the Stepmother -which comes much too easily I would say- whatever helps her to get the job done)




7. Henry and Lydia being best buds now that Gracie is gone at school all day. 



8. I can see Mt. McKinley from this spot close to my house on a clear day.
(Okay, so this was taken with my cell from behind a dirty windshield with screaming children in the back of the car. -it made a difference, I swear- if you look hard enough, you can see the tall shadow that is in between the light pole with the flag and the one behind it. Also keep in mind that it's roughly 300 miles away)


9. This handsome man (who hates these pictures because they were taken when he was only a 1Lt. (only) and we had just buzzed his head. Whatever, I think he's drop dead if ya know what I mean)...anyway, he comes home in approximately 15 days. Then his office owns him for a week. Then I own him for 3. 
Yay!


10. Watching this (short) video. Over and over again. So, this one is sort of bittersweet. Getting rid of Penny was one of the dumbest things we ever did. But we've learned our lesson....I hope. 


I am now obsessively shopping for a new member of our family. 

Can't wait to meet him/her!

7 comments:

Gentri said...

AW!!! I love this post. :) You will find that new member soon!! Keep looking! And go henry! I love that pic of him on the tramp. Haha! So glad it was such a great day. :)

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blogs, but the ideas really rocks, also I have a few questions like to ask, what's your contact details?

-Johnson

Chablis said...

Dear Anonymous,
I don't know you, therefore I will not provide my contact information. Feel free to leave questions on the comments or email me.

Nielsen Family said...

Chablis! I loved all your recent posts! You always make me smile & I LOVE your decorating! You're amazing! You're right, we probably couldn't be much farther apart, but I'm so happy you blog & I can check in on what's going on in your neck of the woods!
~Lots of Love!

bkjones said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment, I would love to get your aunts information. Right now we are working through LDS Family Services. You can email me all her info at katers_82@hotmail.com. thanks again!!

Terri T said...

Oh...:)I love this blog! It makes me happy and sad all at the same time:(.

I love You!

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

Awww! Such awesome things to be happy about!!!

You're kids are so cute! And, wow, what a view from your house!!! Scott looks great too, even with a buzzed head! :)

Hope you find another furry family member soon! I dunno what I'd do without my two! :)