Saturday, March 5, 2011

Because we're nerds like that.

The last week or so Scott and I have been gearing ourselves up to be big Iditarod fans and supporters. 


We watched this show on Netflix:

When Scott first proposed that we watch it I was annoyed and had a bad attitude. 
But after the first episode I was secretly looking forward to the next...then the next and so on. 

We are now big fans of Lance Mackey, Martin Buser, and Dee Dee Jonrowe. 

Today was the "ritual" run through the city while tomorrow the official start of the Iditarod begins north of Anchorage in Willow. 
We arrived in our designated viewing spot early just to make sure we didn't miss our favorites. 

Gracie and Henry were not happy campers. 

But Scott and I are now star struck groupies.

 We were staying to "high-five" those guys no matter what the kiddies said.  


Woot! Martin Buser!

Henry got a "high-five" and Gracie got a handful of doggie booties. 

Next:

THE Lance Mackey:

I had to hurry and take a picture before he got too close, I didn't want to miss watching him slide by. 


Henry is refusing to smile for a picture. 
Stink. 

Gracie perked up after a hot dog. 

And that's about it for our Iditarod quest. 

Now we just sit comfortably in our warm home and watch the stats on t.v. 


7 comments:

T. Bateman said...

Oh, the unique things you get to do while living up there!! You have peaked my interest in this show. :)

Gentri said...

So fun!! I'm glad you made the kids sit through it and that at least one was a happy camper the whole time (go lydia!). Henry looks so funny all bundled up. Haha! Just want to hug him! :) And how did Gracie get a handful of doggie booties?

Bobbi Mason said...

Awesome! Bummed we missed it! How cool to see Lance Mackey. I love how you guys are groupies! Hilarious!

brooke field said...

i love the iditarod! sad we missed it again. i always thought it'd be an adventure to do the race myself, but i am definitely not that hard core!

Nielsen Family said...

I loved your heading on this, but wow, what an awesome way to take part in the event!

Merm said...

Yes! This was so fun! I am glad we got to hang with you guys there.
Jathan was looking at this blog post and now totally wants to watch the Iditarod season one. So funny!

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

What great fun and memories you guys are making!!! They might not of been into at first, but how many people can say that they've actually seen a sled-dog race!!! How cool!