**WARNING**
This is a personal rant. It's long and probably boring. But that's OKAY!
The last few months I have come face to face with some self confidence hurdles, so to speak.
There have been several occasions where it has been blatant and obvious that someone does not like me.
WHAT!? Someone doesn't like me? Ah...hm...psh...eee....wha...sigh...
This is all part of growing up, I suppose. I am almost 28 for heavens sake. I should start growing up about now.
I first started exposing myself when I began teaching step and Zumba classes. There is one woman, imp-articular, who was horrid and mean. She affected me so much that when she would walk into the studio I suddenly forgot how to teach. I suddenly forgot all choreography and my smile quickly darted out the door. I would stumble over my words and feel like crawling in a hole.
You know what? I finally stood up to her. She was disrespectful and said something really rude in the middle of class...in FRONT of all the other participants! So, I told her she didn't have to ever come back to my class. And she hasn't.
At first I felt bad that she didn't come back. Then reality slapped me and I thought, "Hello! I am having fun teaching in this studio now!"
Most people are not as forward and vocal with their unsatisfaction. Some people love my classes, and some don't. Those who love my classes; I LOVE them!
There have also been a few other incidences. Particularly two different women who have made it obvious that they don't like me. One of which WAS a friend, whom I adored. It took me a long time to get over these doosies. I may still be working through them.
BUT!
I have learned SO much. It is OkAY that some people don't like me. Heck, there are a few people out in the world that I don't like.
The most important thing is that I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. He loves me so much that I feel overwhelmed at times. I'm not sure I'm capable of accepting as much love as He wishes to give me. And, most of the time I don't understand why He loves me. He of all people knows the worst of me...and yet He loves me the most.
I also know those who DO love me are the ones I care about loving me. Starting with my adoring husband, my ever forgiving children, my parents and sisters, my in-laws, and all of my dear, dear friends.
Lastly, I love myself. Sort of. I'm learning to love myself. I think that because I don't love myself fully, it shows ingratitude to God for creating me. I'm working on that.
I will ALWAYS remember:
I am the luckiest girl in the world, and I won't let silly haters get me down!
13 comments:
That is terrible!! I am so sorry! I can't believe people can be so mean! It really makes me sad. I'm glad you stood up to her! You are amazing and they've got issues if they can't see it.
Yuck- I don't like mean people! I'm sorry you had to deal with that but yay for standing up to her! (You're a Zumba instructor! How cool- I'm obsessed with Zumba and have been thinking about taking the Zumba Instructor training!)
That was so well said!! Very inspiring my dear!! I love you and what is so great about that is I will beat up the other people who don't. =) For reals, I love the spiritual aspect of this post. Lovely, just like you!
Good for you - haters are not welcome and you were brave for standing up to someone like her. Trust me she is the one with issues - she must feel awful inside herself. - Have a great weekend!!
A xx
Send the beast my way and I will give her a big fat black eye. Its obvious she has issues because who doesnt like Chablis? I mean seriously you are the most amazing woman ever. I wish so badly that I could come to your zumba classes because I bet you are such a fun teacher. You truly are amazing girl and I love you sooooo much!!
I love when you said you aren't sure you can accept as much love as He wished to give you- we have a lot in common!! I hate that you have to deal with people who are just plain rude. My counselor just told me that most people aren't used to dealing with others on a mature level!! You continue to remain one of my favorite people and I always enjoy reading what you write- Love, Susan
Good for you!
As someone that often speaks her mind (I'm trying to make sure it's always appropriately speaking my mind), I sometimes deal with people that don't care for me.
That's GREAT that you were able to let her know, "hey don't like it? leave!" Good for you for not letting her bring you down!!!
There are WAY more people that love you than don't, so don't you fret your pretty little head!!!
You're awesome and that's wonderful that you were able to keep an eternal prospective. Heavenly Father loves you and that's what matters :D
I love you....'nough said!
When you hear that people don't like you it seems unfair, after all what have you ever done, right? I think when this is the case then they haven't even gotten to know you! You are so giving and loving and I'm not sure what people are thinking. Oh well, you've got a great attitude, something I could learn from!
Oh how I relate. I remember in high school learning the lesson that someone didn't like me... and being so confused, cause I knew I wasn't mean to this person, infact I thought we were friends?! The best thing you can do is like you said, there will be haters because THEY have problems with themselves, and you will just have to move on in your life and be happy! :)
How did I miss this post? You are inspiring, Chablis. Susan always says that there are people who just don't like happy people... and you are happy! You are bright, beautiful & talented and some people are threatened by that. Thanks for your positive attitude!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!
You are such an amazing, inspiring, talented in so many ways- WOMAN! I loved this post and have loved your classes. I love ya lady and am so grateful to have your happy smiling face in my life!!
P.S. I'm with Bobbi, I will help hold them down! ;)
Post a Comment