Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A week of birthday celebration

I felt very spoiled this year for my birthday.

I am so blessed with amazing friends and family. 


The girlfriends took me out to dinner and spoiled me with gifts:


I also celebrated with my little family with a delicious dinner and outing to the "alaskan beach".

As soon as I whip out the camera my kids start striking poses:

So I decided to get in on the action. I am the one who taught them everything they know after all. 


It was beautiful and sunny. 


As you can see, this is no tropical resort kinda beach. If the rocks don't throw you off, the freezing temperatures of the water will. Hypothermia anyone?

It sure is gorgeous though!

Then, as icing on the top I went on a 18 mile back packing trip with a few of my girlfriends. 


I didn't want to cart my lug of a camera around so I just used my phone and didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. But just look at the scenery! 


It was such a spiritual experience (once I got past the sting of my blisters).

I learned a lot about myself in two days. I almost didn't go because I was so afraid I wasn't tough enough. 

I learned that I'm tougher than I think. 

What a great way to start year 28!!

10 comments:

Cathie said...

I LOVE your pose with your kids! CUTE! I am also SO HAPPY that you went backpacking. It was great wasn't it! Also, thank you for not labeling my behind on the picture! Happy 28 Chablis!

randalljanalee said...

That looks so fun. You are way tough. I could never do that! I hope you had a fun birthday

Bobbi Mason said...

Glad that 28 is starting off with a bang. Wish I could've been there backpacking with you. So glad it was great! Love ya dearie! Personal request, please edit the enormous picture of me. Ugh, that is all I got to say about that.

brooke field said...

Looks like a fabulous bd celebration. Love the AK beach and your backpacking trip!

Terri T said...

YOU ARE THE MAN !!!! ah...WOMAN!!!
You go my girl!!I'm just worried that I won't be able to keep up with you guys this week. Please be gentle:)

Susan said...

I heard you kicked bootie on your hike!!! Sorry I missed your birthday dinner- looks like it was a great time:) Year 28 will be amazing!

Brooke said...

I'm sorry you didn't see any bears on your hike, but glad it was still fun! (wish I could have been there) I love all the beach pictures....what beach is that?

neuroticmom said...

Wow! Where you live is GORGEOUS!!!!

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

How fun!!! These pictures are amazing!

You and your kids are so cute! Glad you had a GREAT birthday!!!

A Lost Feather said...

wooooww.. that is quite an accomplishment! you should be so proud :) & happy birthday!

i've been meaning to stop by your blog when i saw your post at gentri's.. your sister is suuuch a doll, we've been bloggy buddies for a while.. and youuu.. you are living in my dream destination :) your photos of alaska look amazing!