Tuesday, January 31, 2012

For your viewing pleasure.

It's been a while since I've told you about the movies we've watched. 
We've seen several indie films recently and so why don't I just tell ya bout em'?

Last  night we watched this:

Awesome! 
It's just so refreshing to see real lives of real, good people. 
It drew out all those feelings I had as a 10 yr old who just knew that horses would be my best friend and I would be able to connect with them on deep levels. 
(I'm not the only one who went through a beloved horse phase, am I?)
In all honesty, I'm terrified of horses and that is because I've never really spent much time around them.


Another film we watched this last week was this:


It was surprisingly sweet. 
I was skeptic at first as there was an over abundance of "teenage boyhood" jokes. (please read between the lines here - this boy is literally out of control)
But there is hope and the movie takes a turn for the good just in time. 
"Ralph" (lead character) is actually quite a charming character and is easy to love. 
My husband (former collegiate track star) will tell you that it's radical and impossible for a boy who's 14 to run like "Ralph" does, but it makes the movie fun! I mean, the entire theme is about a miracle!


I didn't want to watch this movie. 
But after months and months of Netflix promising that we would like it I caved. 

 Clair Danes is awesome. 
This movie was delightful! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would enjoy watching a movie about a girl who loves cattle. But it was fascinating and I sure hope the world is listening to what she has to say. (Temple Grandin is a real person who is still advocating kind care of cattle and is a great beacon for those who have autism.)


And lastly:

Henry has been sick for several days this week and Little Bear is almost as soothing as chicken noodle soup. 
Definitely a family favorite.