Saturday, October 5, 2013

The anticipation of our separation.


 Scott made me promise that I would blog while he is deployed. 
I hesitantly agreed. 

Scott left us two days ago but we were able to have a few weeks of fun, family playtime. 
Here is a rundown of what we've been doing: 

This was the night before he left. We had a picnic at my favorite park up on the mountain with an amazing view. It was perfect weather for a while then turned freeing and started to rain. This was the picture we managed to get before we all ran into the car. 

Just after we got to Utah
 we went up to one of my favorite places in the whole world, the cabin. 
It was Will's first trip up there and for the most part, he loved it. He loves being outside. 



My Lydia is getting so beautiful!


My papoose. 


Henry liked hanging out in the hammock. 

Gracie was excited for the fire roasted hot dogs. 


Scott ran the Logan (Top of Utah) marathon with his brother, Randall and they both scored a sweet trophy for finishing first in their age division. 


We were able to bless Will with both our families present and it was a very sweet and emotional experience. 



He is such a cutie tootie! 

The kids all started school here in Alpine and we were able to (sort of) get them started on a normal schedule. Scott and I were able to spend a lot of time shopping and what-not while Henry was at preschool. 


As much as I tried to defy time and the universe, the day of our parting came. We tried to relax, ate out at our favorite places and a bit of fun at Jump On It. 
Our parting at the airport was a bit dramatic. I was surprised at how emotional the kids got. Of course, that made Scott and I more emotional as well. Scott got mad at me for taking pictures, but I'm glad I snuck in a few:



*8 months. *31 weeks. *217 days. *5,208 hours.