Sunday, January 12, 2014

Do you want to build a snowman?


I finally managed to get my bum in gear and take my kids to the Ice Castles in Midway, Ut. 
I've been meaning to go there for several weeks but it seemed each time I made plans something came up, like Gracie getting the stomach flu. 
My parents tagged along and I was grateful for their help with William and herding the others. 



Lydia was certain Elsa from "Frozen" had something to do with these amazing sculptures. I didn't have the heart to tell her how a group of people spent hundreds of hours forming each icicle and building it from scratch. I prefer to think of it being magically built by a beautiful queen with a beautiful singing voice as well. 


We even brought little Cubby along. He was shaking like a leaf the entire time but I was glad to start introducing him to outings because he'll be going on a lot, especially once Scott gets home. 




Henry wanted to see if his tongue would get stuck to the ice. Luckily, for my sake, it did not. I have the relatively warm temperature that day to thank for that. 







I honestly didn't want to go anywhere yesterday but I'm glad we just forced ourselves to go. It was so nice to get outside and have some fun time exploring and playing together.