Monday, June 7, 2010

The Grand Canyon in a day.

On our way to Phoenix we made an 8 hour pit stop to the Grand Canyon.


That was definitely enough for me.
I wouldn't mind going without kids and doing some hiking and what-not, but with 3 kids, 8 hours was more than enough time.

The construction on this tower kinda makes it lose it's raw, coolness. It is authentically ancient, though they are doing some "safety updates".

The kids really loved this tower. The stairs spiral all the way to the top.







By this point the kids were done with the whole "Grand Experience".  It took some promising of Cheetos to tweek any sort of smile out of them.

Behold: the only complete family picture of the entire road trip.



If you ask Lydia this sheep's name is "Anna AND Ashley...she has two names."
There were many demands that she have her own "Grand Canyon Portrait".
I told Scott that I am totally okay with us counting "Anna and Ashley" as child #4.

5 comments:

Gentri said...

Hahahahahahahha! Love. :)I'm so glad you guys were able to have a trip with just your fam.

Katrina said...

Ohhh...I can never get enough of your posts! I find myself wanting them to go on and on and always disappointed when I get to the end because I haven't had enough! I miss you guys so much! So glad that you were able to be with Scott. I can only imagine how hard it was to say goodbye...again. Your kids are getting SO big! And you look GORGEOUS! Even on a road trip...after 8 hours at the grand canyon!

deb@virginia blue said...

those pics are absolutely breathtaking!!! i've never been to the Grand Canyon and would LOVE to go.

so glad you were able to spend some time together as a family...and such a beautiful one at that!

::xo::

Susan said...

How exciting!! That is on our list of places to see someday:) Your hair got so long! I'm glad you've been having family time- miss you bunches!

Anonymous said...

WOW, sounds like an adventure! In many respects. :-) So glad that you got to spend time all together, though I know it must have been so hard to leave. The pictures of the Canyon are amazing. I can't believe I lived in California for most of my life and have never made it down there to see it! :-)