Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I believe...

We just arrived home from an
 *Amazing 
*Alaskan 
*Adventure. 

If any of you have doubts about the validity of Mr. Kris Kringle, let me put them to rest. 

I have met the REAL 
Santa Claus. 

And I have the pictures to prove it. 

It all began with a 6 hour drive north, to: 



Santa Claus house:









Here we are with the ol' man himself:

The kids were simply awe struck. 

I was so pleased to see that right next to Santa was this GORGEOUS display:

The kids took a minute to soak it up before we did a little shopping,
then headed outside. 

This is a big deal because it was -20 degrees. 





Santa's reindeer are protected by a double layer fence, which makes it hard to take good pictures. 

Scott got some awesome pictures of the fence:
(I have to rub this in because I like to feel good knowing that I'm not THE worst photographer in the world, there will always be Scott to take that place)

This was the only reindeer that felt friendly, and we didn't bother to try to hard because our faces were burning and turning black. (okay, not really turning black, but it felt like it)

But don't worry, we actually saw wild caribou on our drive home, which was...
totally awesome! 
*I'll show you those pictures in another post.*

8 comments:

Gentri said...

LOVE it so much! WISH I could have been there so bad! The picture of you and the kids in the Ice Sleigh is adorable! Looks like such a fun trip! Gracie's hair looks so dark and Lydia looks so grown up! She's going to be 5 TOMORROW!!!! WOW!

brooke field said...

Those are actually some really great photos. Looks like a winter wonderland!

Bobbi Mason said...

Laughed out loud at the Scott picture and your comments. Hehe!! So glad you had a great time and your car started! =)

Nielsen Family said...

Love it, what a magical Christmas adventure! I can't even imagine how cold it is there, but the ice sleigh was awesome!

The Bartons said...

Hey I just saw that Twirls and Twigs is going to be on Zulily, that is awesome..congrats!!

JMay said...

Awww! How cute is your family! That place looks amazing, I bet the kids loved it :-)

Merm said...

OH how stinking fun is this! So magical!! I love santas house. It looks like something from swtizerland! And How are you guys smiling while you are sitting on the ice sleigh??? -20 I would have been crying... frozen tears! ha ha ha. Love the look on the reindeers face. That is a crack up! It looks like you guys had a great time. Your kiddo will NEVER forget that Christmas memory!

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

How fun! I love the Nativity scene there!