Friday, April 15, 2011

More about food...

As I paid almost triple the price for 2 whole organic, free range chickens on Tuesday as I would have for plain ol' Foster Farms, I wondered if the price was worth the quality.

I don't normally watch the evening news, but tonight was an exception and I was entirely gratified that my purchase was well worth the cost. I was also scared out of my wits...

This is something we all knew was happening, or was going to happen eventually:

CBS NEWS REPORT

(since I can't figure out how to post the video, click on the link to take you to the report)

Never again will I double think before buying free range and organic meats.


2 comments:

Cathie said...

I don't like that article. I went for the cheap stuff! Grrr...

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

That's a crazy news report! I hate that everything nowadays is so processed and hormoned and genetically engineered, etc etc. It's just crazy.

So in that news report, when the dr was talking about not properly cleaning the counter top and accidentally transmitting the staph... made me wish EVERYONE could go through an infection control class like the one I did in my dental hygiene school. I think the WORLD would benefit from it!!! ...maybe I'm just too much of a germ freak, lol