Because our laptop is ancient, I can't plug our camera into it to download our pictures from the last several weeks. So, I emailed a few pictures from my phone to myself and here is a rundown from the last few weeks:
While in Calgary, Canada Gracie had an accident.
I was a mean momma and told her to suck it up.
Two weeks later it was still swollen and extremely painful for her.
So I took her to a walk-in clinic where they took x-rays and sure enough, her foot is broken.
Oh sad, sad day.
Luckily her "boot" is stylish, she get's to wear it for 6 weeks:
Our pit stop in Utah was great.
Lot's of family time.
Shopping.
Playing with old friends.
Slip n' Slides:
(photo's and collage courtesy of my sister, Gentri)
And we were off:
Driving 80 on I-80, my hot husband at the wheel, Rio playing in the back seat,
that's what road trips are made of.
We made a stop at Cabela's in Sydney, NE to stock up on the essentials.
Chocolate covered cinnamon bears and rainbow trout.
Cabela's candy is THE best.
We spent a night in Kearny, NE and found this amazing park.
I could not take a picture to do it justice. This is only an 1/8 of the gorgeousness of this park.
Think 3 awesome playgrounds, 2 splash pads, swan paddle boats, a serenity garden, and more.
I love this park.
So much so that I would agree to live in this "nowhere" place just so I could come to this park every day.
Another highlight of Kearny is the great Archway:
This is more than meets the eye my friends.
Inside that great archway is a Disney-esque historical documentation of the growth of the western United States. Life size scenes starting with the Mormon pioneers and native Americans illustrate how "the West was Won". It was very patriotic and entertaining. A definite MUST for anyone traveling I-80.
We spent a night in Kansas City and made it a priority to visit the historical Liberty Jail.
A place we Mormons have a special connection with.
Click HERE to read more about it.
This is us in front of the recreated prison.
A phone camera + inexperienced random person acting as photographer = creepy picture.
And at last:
St. Louis
We are 20 miles east of the city.
I keep catching myself scan the horizon for a silhouette of mountains.
I wonder how long it will take my subconscious to realize there are none.
We move into our new home this weekend.
I feel grateful that we have a "house" to live in while we wait. I at least can feel a sense of normalcy this way.
The kids have their own bedrooms to sleep in.Which they are doing quite well. It's practically 9 am and there is no sign of life from their rooms.
While I am missing Alaska desperately, I have a sense of contentment. I know this is where we are supposed to be and I have a feeling it's going to be a good life here in Illinois.








10 comments:
I have always wanted to visit the liberty jail! And I could live in Cabelas. the fudge is to die for! one time.. I ACCIDENTALLY made off with someone else's fudge. We got in the car and I was ticked because "the lady didnt give me the kind I wanted" We ate it anyways. then we found the fudge we did pick out a few minutes later. I'm surprised they still let me shop there (:
You made it!! Good luck with your move in.
I'm glad you made it safe and sound. Lot's of fun along the way! Gracie and Cathie now have matching boots :) Good luck with your new life in St. Louis and keep us posted on all the fun stuff you will get to do there.
Glad you made it woman! Cant wait to see pictures of your new home town. It was fun to see you while you were here. Love ya
Looks like you had a great time getting there!! I'm glad you're feeling good about your new home and I can't wait to see more pictures:)
Looks like so much fun! It makes me want to take a road trip. I love doing that with my kids! Glad you made it safely :D
I am so so glad! :)
Chocolate covered cinnamon bears!?!?! WHY HAVE I NEVER HAD THESE BEFORE!?!?!
And these pics look great! The best way to move is to make a fun vacation/road trip, out of it!
I'd love to visit all of those places one day! I've been to Nebraska (I love it, my brother lives there), but next time I'm there I HAVE to check out that park!!! Amazing!
And YEAH you made it to St. Louis! I'm sure you'll enjoy it there. You make everything awesome!
I LOVE Henry's slip-n-slide pic. Of course he would get air! What a fun road trip. If that were in Alaska you would've be at the North slope and only seen caribou and tundra. Love the new blog sides pics by the way. Very mod!!! Love you and miss you!
Illinois is bound to be good to you because you guys are good people. I am excited to keep up on your adventures. I do miss you A LOT. Everytime I send a group text or e-mail I really struggle skipping over your name. And nobody else needs to trade babysitting like we did. Who to ask?! Miss you! Love you!
Post a Comment