Saturday, September 10, 2011

Our first family outing in the mid-west

I'm back online people! 

(don't expect too much of me yet. Though the house is unpacked, putting up all the decor seems to be where the real work is and I'm struggling!)

So, one of the first things we did here in Illinois was visit the great St. Louis Arch:

It was gorgeous weather.

We ate a Panera Bread picnic on the grass and it was real fun folks!
(that's mid-western talk-I'm learning fast)



This face is irresistible, even smothered with peanut butter.

A few views from the top of the Arch:










Gracie and I were the only ones brave enough to make our way to the top. 
It's really claustrophobic, but the view makes up for that. 







5 comments:

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

That's really cool! Those pics from the top are awesome!

Gentri said...

Aw!! It looks so fun! :) where was Lydia in all of these?

brooke field said...

I need to go there! The shadow photo is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

We rode in that rickety elevator to the top!! Scary!! Glad you're out and about seeing the sites :D Miss you!

Melinda H. said...

I also remember riding that space machine to the top of the arch...and then swaying back and forth. I was happy to be on the ground when we were done.

You guys are going to have such an adventure...imagine all the site seeing from coast to coast you get to do (now that you're only option out of state is basically a very expensive plane ride!)

As for your decor...I don't believe that you can't decide on where to put things :)