Scott discovered this magical trick in a recipe book I have.
At first I was so glad that he figured this out.
Now, I'm not so sure.
(grease and sugar hangover)
But I'm sharing the love. Try this, you'll LOVE it!
*First, you take a package of Pillsbury Grands biscuts.
*Separate the biscuts and cut the center out with a paring knife.
*Warm about 2 cups of canola oil in wide pan.
*fry biscuts:
It only takes about 45 seconds on each side.
Make sure you get them nice and brown, almost burnt.
You don't want any raw dough in the center of these babies.
*Next, fry the donut centers too!
* Prepare a simple frosting/glaze with soft butter, milk, and powdered sugar.
(I like to add cinnamon...oh yeah!)
*Dip donuts in frosting:
Like so:
My kids like to frost their own.
*Enjoy!

9 comments:
Oh my goodness! I don't know if you should have shared this!! I can just see myself making and eating these things non stop. They look delish!
Drooling... I want some. I don't know if you'll remember this. But once Katie, Erica, and I made a "cooking show" (you know, our great past time of movie making) and we made donuts... Well we were making them from scratch. But they DID NOT repeat DID NOT turn out. The second Kenna bit into one, she got a bloody nose. (not sure that had anything to do with the donut, but it was funny).
I saved this same recipe from a Real Simple magazine a while back but haven't had a chance to make it yet...
That looks absolutely delicious! Can I have some?...hahaha
Do you think it would work the same if I just used Pam? =)
oh my....I guess I know the first thing I will be making when this competition thing is over!! Yum!
I'm excited to try that! It looks so yummy and all I've been craving lately is cakey stuff...so thanks for sharing!!
Those look so yummy and Henry is still most delicious!! Hope you've been feeling better- love you:)
DANGER ALERT!!! I'm sooooooo making these!!! lol uh oh...
Post a Comment