Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Perspective

I've been avoiding blogging the last few days because I feel like a downer. 

All I want to do is complain. 
And no body wants to come back and read a blog thats all about complaining. 

I'm trying to have a good perspective on my life. In 10 years, this will all seem but just a moment
I will eventually have some control and management over my disease and be able to live a normal life. 

Until then, I'm just trying to be patient, I suppose. 

Like this picture:

It was taken from my window as I was leaving the arctic for sunny CA. 
All the millions of bodies down on that earth living their lives, unaware of the amazing, beautiful place they are living in. My life is beautiful. I'm so grateful, trying to be so grateful for each moment I have. 

Trying to soak in the special moments each day. 
Like when my Henry presses my cheeks together with his chubby hands and says, "I cereal. I hungreen."

Like when my Lydia combs her fingers through my hair and says, "I just love your beautiful hair mom."

Like when my Gracie walks out of the bedroom with a big smile on her face because she has just successfully changed Henry's diaper. 

Like when my husband lets me read a book for hours on the couch and makes a romantic dinner with his little helpers:




Scott made my favorite tomato and pesto soup. 


It's my favorite because it's so amazingly delicious, and for sentimental reasons; it reminds me of my dear friends the Penn's, who shared this recipe with us, and our great times while at law school in VA. 

Since I missed the opportunity on Monday, let me just tell you all how much I LOVE you!! 
My web-linked blogging family sprawled throughout the world. 

Mwuah!!



6 comments:

brooke field said...

You're so strong, and your family is so cute :)

My Garden of Eden said...

Your post was wonderful! Left me crying :)! Thanks for the prespective! Hang in there! Prayers and love coming your way!!

Penns

Katrina said...

Mwuah back at you!!! I just have to say that I love you blogging...even if you want to complain!!!! I hope you are having a good day and that your body is not holding you back! Love you!!!

Gentri said...

Love you, all of you so much!!

Merm said...

Love this post! Your kids are so cute and I LOVE how henry says hungry!!! SO CUTE! How sweet of Scott to make you your favorite! Good man!
Oh heavens Chablis... you are not a complainer! If I were in your shoes.... simply put I would not be as strong as you! You are amazing! Thanks for sharing your perspective!

Brooke said...

You are such a strong, amazing example to everyone (especially me) I am trying my best to keep it together like you! They told me 7 to 10 days for my blood work to come back and it is already making me anxious. You are in our prayers you wonderful woman!