Just in case you're interested,
I took a few pictures of the parts of my house that are mostly done.
Nothing is ever completely done, right?
Just agree with me.
Nothing of Chablis' is ever completely done is probably a more appropriate statement.
Suggestions welcome.
Just know that:
1. I will not paint this house. If we are leaving in one year, it's not worth my effort.
2. I've already spent too much money so unless your suggestion has the cost of a can of spray paint, it's not really welcome.
The wall of pictures.
My mom thinks it's cluttery.
I had a look I was going for that is much more difficult to achieve than I planned.
Luckily most everything on this wall is hung by the awesome command sticky strips so a massive redo is only the cost of my effort and time. (which costs A LOT mind you)
Henry and Chuggington add a special touch to the room.
My poor piano got beat up in the move.
sniff...
sniff...
A closer look a the wall of clutter pictures.
I spy my gorgeous grandma Trinnaman and the amazing gr8, gr8 grandma Sarah Suzanna Stone Lloyd.
The wall is not complete until I get a picture of my in laws, but I have lost my discs.
I shall find a picture somehow.
See that empty 8x10? That's for you Ron & Judy!
The kitchen.
Blah.
Whatevah.
I need a chandelier and a rug of awesomeness...someday.
(and curtains, and a barn wood table, and)
This is not worth seeing, but I'll show you anyway because it has caused me great angst.
The office/computer area.
I hate it.
It's in the kitchen.
We need a desk.
Plus, I let you see a peek of my room of doom, aka junk room.
You're welcome.
You're welcome.
14 comments:
haha i love your personality when you write! i think you're amazing and it looks like a home which i love. I agree with the no paint thing too! heck! i'd paint my house if i had the audacity to do it and I'm going to be living here for a while! after painting G's room....i was done!
I love the gallery wall! Those are my fave, a great way to mix art with photos. And your piano is still darling. Trust me, I know how hard and frustrating I is to decorate a space when youre not planning on being there all that long.
oh it's so beautiful chablis! I wish I was that creative. I'm still not unpacked and I started before you. I am painting and trust me it's lots and lots of work and it is really hard to pick colors sometimes. I wish you were here to help me!
I LOVE it all! I really do! I love the way you hung all those pictures in your family room and I don't think it looks cluttery at all.
It all looks awesome Chablis! I hope your piano survived. Mine makes it fine in the moves but beat to pieces by my children. Lydia recently took scissors to the keys and stabbed them several hundred times. They aren't so smooth anymore D: So sad. I hope you're feeling great!
Everything you touch is always BEAUTIFUL....wish you were here to help me with my wall of pictures.
I loved your new family pictures and so impressed that you already have them printed and framed! Where did you get the B&W photo of the temple? I love it all!
Good work! Love the wall!!! Maybe you could get a chandalier sticker? =) Love the picture frame over the piano. Excited to see it all decorated for Halloween! Oh, how I miss having you close by.
You seriously are an awesome decorator. I love it woman!!
love it all. of course i do. the gallery wall is perfect. totally not cluttery. love love love. please come decorate my house in a couple months...
I love your family room with the piano!! It is so beautiful - I love the collage on the wall and how the color in the room is the beautiful blue piano! So stunning!! xox
I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to check out my blog & follow back if you'd like! :)
Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com
I think the gallery wall turned out fabulous :)
i REALLY love the wall of pictures! it looks awesome! and tell your mom its not clutter, its artsy. :)
sharde @ the style projects
haha! Mom would think that. I think (and mine is the opinion that matters most... jk!!) it looks great! Except it's missing a picture of ME! Jk again, because that would be weird. haha! What if you painted the computer nook? I love all the little art nooks I see all over Pinterest. You could do something like that. Then it's only one little area that gets painted so it's no biggie. :) And I am so sad the piano took a beating! GR! Now just show me the rest of the rooms and I'll be a happy camper. Wow this was a long comment... OH! (it's about to get longer) So I never get updates when you post for some lame reason so I just unfollowed and then refollowed your blog and I hope that fixes it. Because I noticed this was posted on the 21st and it took me that long to notice...
I LOVE YOUR PLACE! You are so cute and crafty and creative!
Post a Comment