Saturday, November 13, 2010

Yesterday


This is a day I wish would never have happened. 

Let me tell you why. 

1. Someone hacked into my Google account. There were several random emails sent out with a link on them. I didn't open the link, I have no idea what it was to, but if you got a weird email from me, DO NOT OPEN IT!

2. Scott got a phone call from the Air Force. 
"Congratulations!" They say, 
"You are moving to Scott Air Force Base in July!" 

(St. Louis, Missouri)

WHAT!!??!! 
We were told we would not be moving from AK until December 2011. 

Scott threw a little fit. 
So they said, "Fine. You can take it, or you can wait. Make a decision by Monday."
No No No No No No No
Didn't he tell them that was worse? Now I have to make a decision!?

So now what? My first reaction is NO WAY!! But just what if?
What if St. Louis is where we're supposed to be?
What if this is where Scott will find the best civilian job when we get out of our contract?
What if? WHAT IF?

My brain may explode. 

3. Scott and I go on a nice date. It's only the second date since he's been home from Cuba. 
We splurge at a pricey restaurant. Buy our friends dinner as well. 
It was an enjoyable time. 
Until we walked to our car: 


Yes.
That is our rear window that has been shattered. 

No. Nothing was stolen, even my beautiful ipod touch sitting in the front seat. 
A blessing, no?

Some mean people just thought it would be funny to shoot out windows of cars in the parking garage with a Bebe gun. 

How do we know it was a Bebe gun? 
It was the security officer's guess when he saw the little silver flecks that are also freckling our back door:
(where was said security officer when all this was going on? I'd like to know)

So, you see. 
Yesterday is a day that I wish I had never lived. 

Calgone, take me away!

8 comments:

Gentri said...

Oh MY! I am soooooooo SORRY!! I didn't know ALL of that!!!! Well it comes in 3's right? Soooo you're done for a while...riiight??? Let's hope. With the whole St. Louis thing, we can look at it in a good way, or a bad way. Good Way: 1. "Meet Me In St. Louis" IS one of my favorite movies of all time. You'd be living there! 2. You'd be close to some awesome historical church sites! 3. You'd be closer (or at least cheaper) when it comes to visiting Utah etc. 4. It's another part of the world to explore. Bad Way: St. Louis isn't exactly the same it was in the movie... :/

deb@virginia blue said...

Oh, Chablis! Talk about a rough day:(

On the bright side, St. Louis is only 4.5 hrs away from MEEEEEE!! I know it's a huge decision, and I certainly won't try to sway you one way or the other. All I'll say is that if you DO end up there, we are totally hooking up, my dear. I already have a FABULOUS weekend getaway idea for us!

Hope today is a much better day...sending you lots of hugs!

Nielsen Family said...

Holy Moly, Chablis!! What a day!! I really hope everything works out quickly! All the best to you & your fam!

j said...

oh man, chablis- when it rains, it pours. that is HORRIBLE about your window!! i'm glad nothing was stolen...but man.

st. louis??? in july? yikes. the bonus is that you'd leave in the summer- thus, no winter move. but i know the feeling of being ripped out of the "i know what we're doing for the next X months" zone. decision making like this makes me nauseous. just this afternoon i said to shane, "man...maybe we should renig on this washington deal and go to X instead...i miss it there." alas. we are wa bound- which is the right place...

i hope your answer comes quickly and painlessly. i wish our faith could grow in other ways, you know?


ps- mr. henry kills me. he's adorable. and oh so active- much like another little boy i know...

Melinda H. said...

When I saw you in the nursery yesturday you didn't seem like you had just had the WORST possible day ever! You guys must have gotten a lot of things worked out by church time.

I will be soooo sad if you leave in July, and you guys would be terribly missed, but it's only a choice that you and Scott can feel good about...as sad as it makes us. BUT then again...you are leaving us in December for sure and it's not like you're coming back this time. So make it easier on yourselves and move in the summer. Gracie is out of school, it's way easier to rent in the summer (if you aren't planning on selling) and it might be the place for you. Did you look into St. Louis at all? How cheap is it to live there? You'd be in the lower 48 so you'd be able to travel all over!! Especially since you are a pro traveler after driving to AK with just Gentri.

I'm so sorry about your car! Gentri is right...they say bad luck comes in three's. Now your on your path to only good luck!! Love you and I hope you guys can find peace in a decision.

Merm said...

Oh heavens. I about died when I read this post. The worst ever!!

I think I might cry when you move. I just love you. You are grand and amazing in every way. And yes, I am making this all about me. I feel a little gyped that my time will be short with you.... waaaaaaa! ;) Melinda has some great points. Moving in the summer is much MUCH better than the winter. Oh you are on to new adventures! Can I come visit?

Why WHY why are there such mean people out there? I mean really. I can't believe someone just bashed out your window... just because! RUDE.
Someone hacked into my facebook... and sent me naughty pictures. YUCKY. Why, I ask?

Oh $Chabling$, the bad luck is over and tomorrow you deserve to win the lottery ;)

Tracy Hall said...

I am so sorry about your van. :( That is terrible.

But, hey, St. Louis isn't too bad; we are about 2 1/2 hours from there. We will definitely have to get together if you do move.

Tracy

Rob and Andra Mahoney said...

Oh my gosh! That's awful! I hope it's all uphill from here!