There was more than just having fun for us when we went to Fairbanks/North Pole/Santa's house.
I love staying in hotels.
Love it.
So do my kids.
However, Henry only likes them until he realizes he's so confined inside the room.
But seriously, just look at this picture:
Oh, my body is aching to climb inside that bed with my 3 charmers and watch a great Disney movie!
Don't you want to too?
I know.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh......
*okay, I slapped myself back into reality*
So, in said hotel room was this cool vase:
I promise I'm going somewhere with this.
Contrary to this picture's visual, there is a shelf that extends over the opening of this vase.
(about a 3 inch gap)
The vase is cemented into the cabinet.
Now, I understand that this picture looks like an inanimate object at the bottom of someones uvula,
but that is, in fact, Henry's precious binki at the bottom of said vase.
but that is, in fact, Henry's precious binki at the bottom of said vase.
(picture taken with my phone slid over the opening of the vase)
Like any other good mom out there I only brought 1 binki.
For about 20 good minutes Scott and I debated about whether one of us should run to the nearest market to buy a new one.
The fact that it was -20 outside, that it was so cold that we had to plug and unplug our car every time we turned it off, and that we were lazy brought us to the conclusion that we should roll with it and cut Henry off of this thing cold turkey.
It worked!!
I'm proud to say that we have now been binki free for 4 weeks!
So glad we didn't have to rely on therapy for this one.

5 comments:
HOORAY!! Way to go!! :D Thank you cemented hotel vase! That picture is so cute! I love those kids. So much.
Yay! Way to go Henry. We love no drama. Kenny has been bottle free for four weeks. Now, what to do about the thumb!
Awwww.....sigh of relief! When Izzie finally stopped with the binky, it was like fireworks going off!!!! They are MIRACULOUS for lil' babies but are sooooo annoying to pry away from the toddlers!!
I love when it happens so easy and when everyone least expects it! Yay!
p.s. I though it looked like a binki in a cervix :)
Yay! That is a feat! Good job! I think snuggling up to a Disney with your kids sounds perfect! I LOVE your snowman family! SO CUTE!
Post a Comment