Since I know you were all dying to know how it is we got home.
On the edge of your seats.
I can tell.
So, I like this picture because it represents a lot of how our time in Sacramento felt:
Warm. Sunny. Family. Chablis needs to diet.
About 2/3 of a mile from our condo was a cute park and duck pond.
It was time Henry faced his manhood and learned how to feed a duck:
He was not a fan.
Gracie and Lydia are fans.
Of feeding ducks that is:
The candid family shot minus one:
If it hadn't been as beautiful there as it was I might have gone loopy. No car = CRAZY Chablis. But we made it through somehow.
During one of our many grocery trips Scott found a gingerbread kit. It was a huge hit. I like this picture for 3 reasons:
1. Lydia's over-cheesiness at the excitement of having something to do besides feed ducks...again.
2. Gracie's intense contemplation as she decides the exact placement of her candy. So Gracie.
3. My finger placed in my mouth is a clear representation of my character whenever surrounded by any form of food. This helps my soul searching process...
The masterpiece.
p.s. I might be willing to purchase a home that resembles this so long as it was built after 2000, has a decent yard for Penny, and at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. No winner yet.
And so,
$150.00 grocery bill, a phone call from the boss(yes, we had just decided to buy real food before we were kindly rebuked by Scott's boss), and a heart sinking credit card purchase later....
we're on a commercial flight home.
The End.
Warm. Sunny. Family. Chablis needs to diet.
About 2/3 of a mile from our condo was a cute park and duck pond.
It was time Henry faced his manhood and learned how to feed a duck:
He was not a fan.
Gracie and Lydia are fans.
Of feeding ducks that is:
The candid family shot minus one:
If it hadn't been as beautiful there as it was I might have gone loopy. No car = CRAZY Chablis. But we made it through somehow.
During one of our many grocery trips Scott found a gingerbread kit. It was a huge hit. I like this picture for 3 reasons:
1. Lydia's over-cheesiness at the excitement of having something to do besides feed ducks...again.
2. Gracie's intense contemplation as she decides the exact placement of her candy. So Gracie.
3. My finger placed in my mouth is a clear representation of my character whenever surrounded by any form of food. This helps my soul searching process...
The masterpiece.
p.s. I might be willing to purchase a home that resembles this so long as it was built after 2000, has a decent yard for Penny, and at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. No winner yet.
And so,
$150.00 grocery bill, a phone call from the boss(yes, we had just decided to buy real food before we were kindly rebuked by Scott's boss), and a heart sinking credit card purchase later....
we're on a commercial flight home.
The End.
5 comments:
but at least you have gorgeous pictures of the adventure! told you a new camera would totally boost your ability just by having it.
sorry about the horrible series of events to get back home... what a nightmare! but now you can just look back and laugh... maybe?
i'll keep my eyes peeled for your perfect home... although, it may not be in alaska.
xoxo
So cute! I love these pictures! Each one is so cute down to the last detail! Love you!
I love that picture with everyone's shadows! See you Thursday:)
Oh Chablis you make me laugh - thank you for that!
You may be buying a home?!?! I REALLY NEED to get with you.
Hey Chablis... :-) I WAS on the edge of my seat to hear the end of the story - but WOW what a crazy ending! You've made it through quite a lot and I'm sure will be able to laugh at it all in the future...
Post a Comment